Tuesday, April 14, 2015
A free single-player arcade-survival game coming soon
The creative minds behind the PvP MMO EpicDuel have teased about a "big, exciting announcement" for the past few weeks. But today is a very special day, because that well-kept secret is finally being revealed…
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Grab a pencil and your sense-of-humor and prepare yourself for AE's first ever Comic Contest!
This Contest is open to all players and has just begun on the AE Comic Contest Thread! Before we get into specific details, let's first discuss what everyone wants to know: the prizes you could win!!!
The Grand Prize is 4,000 BattleOn Points!
The two Runner-ups will receive 2,000 BattleOn Points
and Honorable Mentions will get 500 BattleOn Points
...soooooo waait what are BattleOn Points? Glad I forced that question out of yah! BattleOn Points is the newest way to Upgrade your account with the Master Account Login system. Obtaining enough Points allows you to get Game Currency in ANY of your favorite AE games and even Upgrade your account to Member Status!
BattleOn Points is also how you will unlock features, powerful items, and magic spells in the soon-to-be-released-brand-new minigame, BladeHaven! So what better way to get a head start in BladeHaven than with your Contest prize earnings ^___^
So now that you know what you're competing for... on to the Comic Contest rules! I'm only ganna say this once (...and then copy-paste is everywhere else...) so pay attention because ALL OF THE RULES need to be followed for your Comic Entry to be eligible. So if you wanna win, make sure you;ve actually read each rule BEFORE submitting your entry, kthx =D
- Your Comic MUST BE created by YOU!
- You gatta have a Master Account Login, since the BattleOn Points prize will be awarded to it
- You may only submit ONE (1) Comic to be judged (if making a Comic Strip, please condense it into a single jpeg/png/gif/swf/etc)
- Your Comic MUST have your Character Name (NOT your Master Account Login name) written/typed/signed somewhere on the picture to ensure that it really was YOU who made it! Any Character Name from any AE game is acceptable. Comics without a Character Name clearly displayed will result in an automatic disqualification.
- Your Comic must be "AE themed"... this is an AE Comic Contest after all! Your Comic can contain ANYTHING from AQW, MQ, AQ, WF, DF, and ED!
- You can create your Comic using any medium you choose. Hand draw it. Photoshop screen shots together. Use a fancy photo-editing program. Or whatever else you can think of to make a hilarious Comic.
- Make sure to post a VALID link to your uploaded artwork, or else we can't view it!
- Make sure the Link actually works before hitting the "submit" button!
- And most importantly: have fun with your Comic! If your Comic makes you LOL, it will most likely make us LOL too!
This contest begins today, June 29th, and will end at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, July 11th. That is a pretty long time to submit your awesome Comics, so I expect to be roflol'ing by then!
Here is another example of a Comic that Randor the Red did. It's great... and huge!
Winners will be announced Friday, July 16th and Prizes will be awarded then as well. A special page will be made announcing the winners, and we will provide you with that URL on the Portal Site and your favorite game's Design Notes and/or Homepage!
We cannot wait to see what artistic lol-talent hides behind that avatar of yours. Head on over to the AE Comic Contest Thread and post your Comic today! Or tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next... or the next... or whenever it's finished!
Good luck to all, and let the LOL's commence!